When you think about philanthropy do you think to yourself...impossible?! I'm not rich so I can't be a philanthropist.
I used to think the same way. But, what I failed to realize is philanthropy is charity, contribution, a helping hand or a donation. You don't have to be rich to be a philanthropist. There are many ways you can give back to others not just during the holidays but also throughout the entire year.
Here are a few tips to get you started!
1. Brighten someone's day! Smile, say hello to a stranger and compliment them. You never know what people are going through. A smile with a sweet hello can go a long way.
2. Give back to a charity. Donate time and or money. Giving back doesn't always have to be in the form of money; your time is service and service counts too!
3. Support the homeless. Offer a meal, clothing or toiletries. It's cold outside in many parts of the world, you may not be able to keep them safe but you can help keep them warm.
4. Pay it forward. Instead of accepting gifts from friends and family this year encourage them to donate to a family in need.
5. Be of service. Serve your family and friends in unconventional ways. Give them a day of rest and you take on their work. Help them find peace; pray with and for them.
Beauty is philanthropy and you don't have to be rich to be a philanthropist. Spread a little beauty through random acts of kindness. I promise your heart will be filled joy and you'll brighten someone's day! Remember, every little bit helps! Have a wonderful week! MUAH